Day 363 was yet another fantastic weather day, Currently as I update the blog at 6 pm, the temperature is 28 in the sun and went up to 29.9 at 7. The day started lazily since we cripples were slow moving. All the walking yesterday at an odd angle caused my right calf to be screaming today! Eventually we got the day underway but not before a nice tea and coffee on the deck in the sun.
I started on the closet doing final unpacking.
Just before noon, we headed over to Matt and Marissa's to see their controlled burn and raised flower beds. It was a good thing we did as the fire was getting out of control so Sheldon jumped in and drove the water truck while Matt sprayed. They had called the fire department as it was slightly out of control. Once they arrived, they got it all under control so by 1:15 we headed back home.
Shaina had arrived home at noon after her sleepover at Jenna's. Britt and her went out riding and practicing polox.
After, I helped Shaina roach KD's mane much to her unwillingness. She
also trimmed up her fetlocks, hosed her down and sent her back out into
the sunshine.
Britt followed with Beck and then trimmed Bird and Julio's fetlock while they enjoyed her food concoction.
Shaina enjoyed the sunshine while working on an essay, Sheldon moved the skidoos to their summer resting place
Around 4:30 Britt drove Sheldon to town to get groceries and another piece of harrows. I started laundry and continued on closet.
I whipped up steel head trout brown rice and fresh veggies for supper around 6:45. The box gal came just then to to get another load of boxes. I water plants, pulled dead trees and did dog duty while Sheldon swept in the garage. Britt rode Julio for me, Shaina continued to study and work on essay. I stopped to enjoy my red velvet birthday cake, yummy! (and I did share with all)
please disregard the crazy work hair.. it has been a very long day full of fire, horse hair and dirt!
Around 8 Matt and Marissa stopped by with fresh banana muffins to thanks us for saving them from the fire and for my birthday. What great neighbors we have. They also dropped off their wedding invitation for august 11!



No comments:
Post a Comment