Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 357 - busy follow up day

Day 357 hit plus 12 and was a sunny great day. The girls headed off to school and I was right behind them to pick up Kaylin and Asher for her in town follow up appointment but just before I headed out the office called saying he was sick and rescheduled for tomorrow. And seeing it is still break up, a day off for me! Oh how I miss these quiet days at home to get stuff done.
this was my inspiration late last night, add the Terry Redlin photo but the birdcage seemed to bright for the vintage feel so tried without

This allowed me to start right on more changes, cleaning, laundry and searching online for tree varieties suggested by Gord our tree connection. About 9:50 Dustin and Connor arrived to changed out 4 outside door knobs which have been causing grief, install 20 soft close on the remaining doors and did a photo shoot of the kitchen for his new website. This was enjoyable because I LOVE a clean kitchen.

Then is was back to more laundry and cleaning and continuing to change my above door vignettes. I scrubbed the dirty ledge and the upper windows. I also managed to haul Great Uncle Howard's 25 pound steam trunk up the ladder and get another display on the small side too.
and the small area finished with my Great Uncle's steam truck and the cute little turquoise bird cage, a early birthday gift from Kaylin
 back to the long side it still seemed to bright brass so I got creative and toned down the frame

Then Dan the HVAC guy stopped out to place a vent shroud on the roof. Back in the house I updated items on the garage sale site. Wendy our equine massager arrived at 3:50 and Britt right behind on the bus.

She caught Bird and the massage was under way. She even did energy work (AKA aroma therapy) and found Bird wanted lavender and some peppermint. She checked KD who was not really needing a massage and then worked on Beck who too loved the lavender and Britt actually applied this to her after Wendy did the massage. During this time, one lady stopped to purchase garage sale items of Kaylin's and then a taxi arrived with another lady purchasing 2 things. As well, a green gator like side by side ATV cruised thru the field and out the far gate! This day had many guard dog moments but this gator had him the most riled. Did I mention we all LOVE this dog, he is such a character!
By now it was 6 pm and as Wendy wrapped up I threw on some ribs. Sheldon arrived home late from work and we both enjoyed a cold beer. Wendy our landscaper sent revision #3 which was very exciting. Sheldon chopped up some coleslaw, boiled a pot of KD and barbequed the ribs while I updated the blog.

Shaina had stayed in after school to see Dowlers' 2 chocolate lab puppies then go to yoga/boot camping getting home at 10. After supper Britt watched TV and Sheldon went out to try and set up far pen water for horses. I continued to update the blog and found that since I deleted some duplicate photos I was able to get 2 previous days and today loaded with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment