Day 212 was another plus 10 but windy day in Strathmore. At the ranch, the damaged garage door was changed out, the glass shower guy came to measure for a quote as Rick was to be finishing all the plumbing list. It was quite a list indeed requiring for sure a solid day committed to our house.
After Sheldon arrived home from work and I finished with some polocrosse to France emails, Sheldon, Britt and I ate a bite, grabbed a tea and headed out to see all that was done. Our plans were to sweep and mop all floors for carpet installation tomorrow.
Tragically we were to be disappointed. Upon arrival we found that our plumber did not spend the day there as I may have predicted a few times. He did hook up the water to the fridge
and set taps in a few sinks, not plumbed of course
but just had to cut thru the shelves in my vanity cabinets GRRRRRRRR
this chaps by butt
I had arranged for our finisher to come cut holes if needed and he called the plumber today but the plumber said no I will wait until sinks are in place and I know exactly.. so WTH did you cut these holes for MR PLUMBER. I am up to my neck in frustration with trades. I get you don't care BUT I paid allot of money for its one vanity custom made, the word custom should explain it is not cheap but rather quoted at $1500 JUST FOR THE BOX I get each one just does their job and wants to be paid but really.. every think if it was your house? would you do the stupid crap that has been done so far? Don't think so. For someone who has saved for many years and planned for even more to get a build right if you ever did, the lase fare attitude most trades have is abhorrent. People pay very good money to have you there. do it like it was yours in the timely manner you would expect. I clearly know I could have cut a hole for a drain trap much smaller and more concise than this one hands down. and the matching two above..yep same story! Building a home is like babysitting but you pay them.. whacked I know! so heed my warning.. don't build.. unless it is for fun and to flip in a very hot market area!
for our time at the ranch we kept busy.
MOPPING
sweeping thru the wall of dust, Britt had little set shown to left on floor but did seem to hide lots on the deck since it was warm
me still mopping with my good friend Tim Chai
might still be a bit miffed on this face
Sheldon vacuumed out the min shop vac
then he and B worked on dishwasher even cutting in water and drain pipe lines but the were immaculate and where supposed to be!
I spent a good time unpacking the new fridge, surprisingly there was more stuffing, NOT but it looks nice
lots of room
Britt cleaned few areas like a great helper but spent lots of time outside on the deck, good thing warm out
Rick did return at 7 since he knew we were coming out, put in this toilet and sink plumbing and kitchen sink plumbing
Sheldon add I installed the fridge so thought lets do dishwasher too.
going great, or not
Rick also installer #2 toilet while for being there under 2 hours. I did lots of cleaning and resorting in the recyclable piles. It was time to go home about 10, Britt had homework to do too.
Back in town it was time for a well needed drink or two. I took a sleeping pill at about 11:30 and updated this blog after midnight, so this blog may be quite opinionated.. best run! have a great night!

No comments:
Post a Comment