But after school it was time to get busy. I dropped items to be delivered to Mom with AJ, filled my car since gas finally came down to $1.079 (and to think that is a deal) and then it was paint pickup. 4 gallons of colored wall paint from Home Hardware and then a 5 gallon pain of trim enamel from Totem.
4:30 arrived at town house just as Sheldon was dropped off. Britt arrived soon after having Kaylin do her makeup for Halloween night. Shaina was at home doing homework as her plans are to go to Screamfest tonight. I knew with the gate being open that perhaps the dogs would be missing so yes she went off to find them only to have been sitting here when a lady called to say she had them but never answered phone! Anyway she got them home.
It was time to cook the postponed steak and potato supper. Fabulous tasting!!
Can you believe it has been over 20 years we have made jack o lanterns and this is first year, none were carved:-( also there were no kids at our door, weird.
Shaina went to the city at 6:15, we headed out about 6:30 to grab a tea, pay a bill and go see the little lion cub on our way to drop Britt at a friends to help hand out candy.
Sheldon and I continued to the ranch stopping at another neighbors to borrow fencing pliers for the project, thanks Matt G. Once there, he got to work on taking down the cement board, adding support bracing and move lower. Interesting finds of wall full of shavings and boards cut away to nothing, good trades are hard to find. :( I counted outlets in order to buy covers, do you know how many are in your house? we have 99 singles, 17 doubles, 3 triples and 5 quads. I tried different tiles pattern, took photos and did sample paint areas. This only caused angst as they seem not quite complimentary to the cabinets. Now I am stressing and panicking but hope the natural light will calm my fears. I sanded the half bath walls where the mudder added the filler only to find the painter sprayed the walls while doing the trim, are you kidding me?? and he knew how I felt about the filer causing me more work, this just makes it a sure thing I am repainting most of the walls.
painter was busy doing doors and trim
Sheldon starting to take durarock board down
Rick was out working on the boiler system
putting up components
and fittings
back in the ensuite shower
the goodies we found left in the walls
my tub tile lay outs with our without 1/2 tile on top
Tony started on the back entry way tile, looks good, photo to dark to share and he finished main bath tile floor
Tony grouted the basement bathroom, looks lovely
this is the wall revealed lacking supports
and S even vacuuming which stirred up more dust
the supports he added on side one and below starting on two but see the integrity lessened with the great craftsmanship, could you not just bore a hole and feed pipe thru??
At 9:30 I ran to town to pick up Britt and take her back to town house. I had a refreshment and started todays blog. 10:45 Sheldon text he would be about 15 minutes so i headed out. Nope, not quite so I tidied the house making it easier for the trades. I don't mind the colors now after they dried and are growing on me.
night shot of the bathroom color smudge
the final board in place at midnight
Finally at midnight he sunk the last fastener and we headed back to town where he had a quick beer and shower to rid himself of the inch of dust while I finished the blog. It is now 12:45 and I must get some beauty rest :-) Sayonara folks! Happy Halloween!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment