Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 203 - tile and water works

Day 203 found the weather blustery and chilled, brrr. Shaina picked Britt up from school bringing her home and watching Once Upon a Time with her while I started homemade Broccoli Cheddar soup. Once Sheldon got home we all went out to the house to see what the tile guys had done.
 tub tiles going up
 Rod did the mosaic on shower floor
 and finished the waterproofing on walls
Rick & Sheldon discuss today and future plans, today he filled hot water tank and pressured up the lines after putting valves on
 Beth grouted main bath floor and shower and they back splashed the sink
 above the tub ledge
Yesterday during the house tour I noticed a missing glass bauble from Great Gramas chandelier. Once confronted the guilty party (not mentioning names but rhymes with weld on) confessed to bumbling it to the cement floor while trying to adjust the light and put on the brass nuts. So friends, please keep your eyes peeled at antique stores for this 70 year old treasure.

We came back home to enjoy the soup just after 6. Shaina headed back to her "sister pad" and Sheldon and I went to Totem to shop for closet organizers and another vanity for half bath. Of course all the ones I wanted to see were on the top shelves so I took the 1 man propelled cart



here were a couple, but unsure of the quality, left is best but about $600 and  has a crappy wood kick plate, boo the right one looks more like furniture and half the price but seems to be cheaper wood... think we will stick to the one we have and retrofit it.

 After spending over an hour cruising Totem checking things out we headed back to town house to enjoy an evening of relaxation, blogging and TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment