Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 336 - back splash glued all on

Day 336 was yet another semi foggy cool breezy day. The girls headed off to school as today was my first official work day off due to break up. I am now on a Tuesday to Thursday work week :-) I found myself doing accounting, carried on laundry from yesterday and caught up on more emails. My dear friend Lori B arrived around 11:30 to see the house and spend the afternoon catching up. What a lovely visit. I made a delicious spinach salad with strawberries and orange segments sprinkled with sunflower seeds. How gourmet, I know!

Around 3:30 she headed back to Airdrie and Dustin the cabinet guy arrived to install soft close on a couple doors, adjust a few things and help evaluate the floor issues and the exterior door knobs that continue to seize up. Britt was home on the bus very flustered that the route is changing and she will have a new driver. Sheldon arrived home in time to discuss the issues with Dustin too. Dustin was off at 5 and I heated up supper while Sheldon took Diego for a quad run.

After supper, Britt was supposed to clean room...hmmm never checked yet and Sheldon and I got back at the back splash. At around 9 the snow started to come down... come on spring, enough of this! They are forecasting plus 13 and up Wednesday on, fingers crossed

At around 10:30 we put in the last tile. Tonight being day 3, things went smoother but we both decided that we will not be hanging out any tiling shingle services ever! It does look fabulous though and now it sets for a few days then the final step...grout.
 removing the light valences for ease of applying.. yes on day 3! LOL
 fine detail work
 and the repair area being replaced
 extreme fine detail cutting, great job Sheld
 the last tile being placed!
and out of all the order this is what we have left.. can you say cutting it close or super efficient, I choose the latter!
all finished, now waiting to dry

Shaina arrived home as we finished up coming from work at target after school till 9 then printing off a cover letter for a new summer job prospect.

I cleaned the kitchen and Sheldon put away all the tools and just after 11 we all crawled into bed ready to start a new day of work and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment