By 11;30 it had let up and the sun peeked thru. The girls got ready, ate some soup and headed to school. I decided to take big guy on a walk. So armed in my coveralls, winter boots and warm gloves off we went. It was brisk and -9. Walking with Diego is not like with Coco and Zoe. He walks faster than the horses it seems. We did the 1 1/2 miles with him busting thru the snow banks like a snow plow. As we visited the horses to help the socialization, I grabbed food to feed them, next thing you know he was headed over the hill to his escape route area. I called him again but got the same, sorry got to do my big run ciao and off he bound! I went to the house to alert Sharon and sure enough she said he was there in about 15 minutes as the dogs were going crazy. I had her go send him home with authority and she clapped her hands. She called me and by the time we had talked for about 3 minutes he was home! Well that was a great set up and successful. I alerted another neighbor to do the same if he made it to her place.
Back inside he went and off to the computer I went where I updated the blog for 17 days! Wow, seems like allot when you actually start updating for sure.
then at about 2:50 it started to snow while still fairly sunny
and then at 4:15 the sun fully popped out
Shaina unfortunately was sick once back at school so went to Kaylin's for a nap then back home here to bed where she is still sleeping and it is 7:30. Britt caught a ride home with Krista and stayed at stouts where Sharon ran her to 4-H with Shelby.
Once Sheldon arrived home from work, he replaced a brass connection fitting on the washing machine. Then he took Diego for a quad run. Although he barks at the quad for most of the run, I am sure he will figure it out in no time. This worked to burn some energy.
below you see Coco's favorite quadding spot, drivers lap!
After a quick light supper I was back at the blog updates in between folding loads of laundry. Sheldon made his way to theater room to watch sports. Britt was dropped off just before 8 and headed out in the dark to take Diego for yet another walk which turned into 1/2 hour run. Hopefully this will use up some of his energy. Shaina woke up just after 8 needing water and pills and a few crackers. I whipped up a Vitamix smoothie to help her out too. She took a gravol and hopes it will help keep it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment