Day 315 found us again back to work. The weather was average, nothing special. In the morning before leaving we let him out and soon he was gone. I called and called and soon he came running back puffing. HMMM where did he go, I could not see him on the property but he was now back so off to drop Britt at school and go to work leaving him in the cozy warm garage.
I covered reception for the morning as Coreena was sick. At about 2 I came home early to check on Diego. The fog was setting in so decided to go for a big walk anyway. After about 45 minutes I went in the house and he wanted to stay out. I looked out after getting Coco to lie on her pillow and he was there. I turned around and she had wet snow and prints everywhere so took her to her kennel to dry. when i looked back out he was venturing off to the horse pen. I called and after a few calls he returned and I gave him a treat. I left him out and went back to check on something only to see him head back. I called many times and this time he just looked at me and turned and off into the fog he went. UGH what to do. I started an email tot he owners asking what I should do but soon decided to go follow him. I tracked him to the SW corner where his tracks led south towards Stouts. Off I trudged following deer, rabbit and coyotes tracks right next to these mammoth paw prints. I hiked the mile towards Stouts but part way I looked back and thought I saw him so I came back only to find it a part of the fir tree blown off, Back south I went, this time once closer to Stouts I thought I glimpsed him. Closer to the tracks were gone due to melted snow. Roxy was barking wildly from within the garage and Bones seemed a bit off but I searched their yard to no avail. WTH, so back towards home I marched. About halfway to our property I felt eyes on my back, Sure enough when i looked back he was following me. I called him and he loped towards me. I kept walking but glanced over my shoulder only to find him stopped and watching. another call had him bounding right up and past me. Once in our fence line I pet him and off we went home. Holy, 2 hours later our major walk is over and the lost is found. He and I arrived back at the house at 4, just 10 minutes before Britt was to arrive home on the bus, bringing Shelby and Hannah over to meet him.
Sharon stopped to get Shelby and meet Diego too. Shaina stayed in town after school and met us along with Kaylin at the pot and pan supper below.
At 5:30 we headed to town to attend a salad master pot party. It has been 21 years since we bought ours and they were the best money we ever spent on something we use every day all 21 years. What a great refresher and supper it was. It revitalized our cooking methods and reminded us why we chose them. There have been some great improvements and a few new pieces I think I need. Looks like we may host a party in the near future. Who wants to come for a free supper??
Thanks Lynda for inviting us.

No comments:
Post a Comment