Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 221 - first bus ride & Xmas party red wine disaster

Day 221 was a lovely golden Friday off for Sheldon and I. However Sheldon did not turn off alarm so I was awake at 6 then B was up at 6:30 to get ready for first day on the bus! S took her to the approach at 7:30 which is pickup time! then we both went back to sleep. Awoke at 9 to the mountains just shining
I had my first shower in the main bath and was impressed, very large tub and shower head. Great choice we made there. I then spent an hour on the phone trying to get Telus yet again as the last night person said for sure it would be set up today but no show and this one says they will call back which they never did, in the afternoon I have to spend another 45 minutes again to hear another one say tomorrow. The first gave me a $25 credit for all the cell charges I will incur. The second one gave me $10 for the Internet they shut off when not supposed to. Cant move a phone but can shut off stuff .

I unboxed more and cleaned while Sheldon organized things then we both unloaded the horse trailer. He then parked it and hooked the dump trailer up so we could load the recycling up.
So much we could not get it all in the trailer and back of truck but we thought we best take what we could. It was horridly windy . But at 3 we made the slow drive there only stopping once to grab blowing box in the back.
After half hour of unloading by hand again we continued on to town grabbing more groceries then stopping at the town house to grab rugs and pans. We raced home trying to get to approach to pick B up from bus at 4:15 but were late and she had already walked to the house.
Time to unload and then get ready for Sheldon's Christmas party at the Station while enjoying a well deserved cold beverage. At just before 6 we picked up Darren and trekked into town. Let's just say the night was eventful for some, the picture below explains it all :-) An impact wrench was the evening gift exchange win which replaces one he broke while doing house building. I drove the fellows home at 1 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment