still pretty green if you don't look at the dog damaged areas
Just before noon I left work a bit early and stopped at the ranch on my way to Calgary to decide where to put the hardware on the doors. Dustin and Connor were the only workers at the house but the doors going on transformed the house even more.
laundry room upper cabinets
kitchen cabinets. After a quick chat and decision made off to Calgary I went. First stop at Big Rock to pick up a gift basket for the 4-H silent auction.
A quick stop to grab another item and off to Pho Express to meet Lesley for a quick lunch before my Dr apt at 2pm. It was a chatty fun lunch and I did manage to get her the polocrosse trophies so they can be engraved and presented at the November 5th award night.
House shopping was now the days goal stopping first (OK I stopped at Tims to use washroom and an ice cap called me first) at Eecol for yet another load of electrical items. Shower lights, fireplace accent lights, power surge box for the entire house (note this is huge prevention for new builds and all you with fancy new washers should have them on a surge bar, my friend Coreena can attest to this after her board went costing over $600!) and smoke detectors. Costco where I found awesome LED exterior coach lights that never use a bulb nor need replacing!!, LED bulbs at a much better price for chandeliers along with an entire cart of other essentials.
Next I stopped at Rona to look for lights, closet organizers etc and ended up picking up a gift for my parents 45th anniversary tomorrow, Will post what it was after we give it to them this weekend. Lowes called me to check for CO detectors and more house goodies. While there I met a very helpful worker who was a former fireman and he gave me lots of good hints and tips esp how to refresh fire extinguishers without paying the silly high prices some places charge. I found the blue pendants I wanted all sold out across the city but he is checking headquarters for me Monday.
while I was in Lowes I saw my favorite fire pit and may just have to go get it for the new patio
I just love the cut out scroll work on the bottom, and thanks to Ma & Pa K we could get it. By now it was 6:20 and Sheldon was at home eager to cook supper. I was talking to him on the cell explaining how to roast beets when I said how can I pass Home Sense, he said go in so that I did only to find this beauty
but sadly it was on hold. A quick 20 minute peruse around this great store found many treasures making me very eager to get into the house so I can start decorating. Now I was really making my way home in the now dark evening. Below is another loaded down Enclave day, and i had even taken a load in!
Arriving home at 7:10 to a hot cooked meal of deer sausage, perogies, roasted beets and sauteed spinach was most enjoyable. Shaina was only child home but not for long. After washing pots and pans, Shannon picked her up for a sleepover and tomorrow they are on their way to Edmonton to grad dress shop and check out U of A. Britt left after school to have a sleepover at a new friend who lives in Rockyford. Very exciting as the girl has horses and is wanting to try polocrosse.
Cold beer and blogging for me and another beer for Sheldon and the world series on the big screen. This will be a very relaxing night and tomorrow is golden Friday so no alarm, no kids, woot woot!!
matching grama and grandpa socks while enjoying a yummy paralyzer and watching PVR Ellen..LOL
The granite is delayed till Monday but electrician and heating guys along with Dustin ( if they did not get all hardware on) will be out working at the house along with us tomorrow. Adios Amigos!!









No comments:
Post a Comment