Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 174 - winter prep

Day 174 - getting close to 6 months into the build. This was a fairly early Sunday, arising at 9:30. Sheldon had got up at 7:55 to run Britt to work then crawled back in. I had to roust him and Shaina up by 10 and then it was a quick breakfast, tea from Tims and out to the ranch. My throat hurt more and Britt text from work hers too along with a headache. Seems we caught Asher and Amanda's colds. BOO!

Shaina checked out the house as it had been a few days since she was out then she caught KD, washed her wound and took her for a good workout.



 then took her out for a wee bit more
I installed the deck pot lights
 they look lovely, don't they?
 here are the high ones above garage doors, thanks to Matt for the ladder
 here is the shrapnel of todays work
the front deck and garage pot lights all in, still have front entry to buy lights for. While this was going on Sheldon powered up the waterer so the morning ice will be gone. He then took a bale out to ol' glen (the feeder) By now it was12:30 so back to town for Shaina to clean up for work at 1:30.

A simple lunch then off to Totem to return and buy more. Britt was finished at 2 and after picking her up we headed back to the ranch.
Sheldon put out another bale in the winter pasture then groomed the trenches. Britt checked the house and then jumped on the quad running to pickup Shelby to show her the house and her new horse.

the one last ring that caused problems - note do not do 2nd coat of spray paint unless full, partial makes marks, this one kept bubbling so before lunch i tried to get bubbled area off then resprayed, after lunch I did not like the looks so with the help of some gas I cleaned it back to the original white
 then started over, much better!! now it needs to dry and I put it up before we returned to town
Sheldon loaded the water tank and he and I watered in the the newly planted trees then I headed to the lumber pile to find more wood for garage stair railing and brought some of the perennials back to the garage along with another tree I found. I buried 3 other trees in pots and this one at the gate on the way to town. Britt took Shelby back home and then stayed for a visit.
this was what the jumbo magnet  - another great loan from Stout Acreage Implements - picked up before lunch when I drug it around
 and it picked up just as much this afternoon
but this time I had my beer cooler glove on! I can't imagine there are so many nails and metals pieces in the gravel but I guess basement formers don't care (this was lots of the gravel we hauled out of the basement)
Sheldon worked on installing drainage pipe to his future water tank on the north side of the house with the parts from Totem and then buried part of the trench. I swept the garage and removed all the nails from the lumber load. Text Britt to come home, Sheldon and I enjoyed a cold beer (hence the photo above) then we returned to the town house. A delicious supper of creamed chicken, fried new potatoes and 2 salads filled us all up. Shaina was off to get a laptop program and Britt and Sheldon hit the couch while I updated the blog then it was PVR viewing of all our Sunday night TV shows!
 Sheldon enjoyed this compliments of Martin, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment