Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 167 - odds and ends day

Day 167 - started overcast but by noon it was sunny and still 17 degrees at 5 pm. Last night was a little sleep night as Sheldon and I discussed house issues and such. Of course everything feels 100% better in the morning but the last I looked at the clock it was 5 am so getting up at 9:30 seemed quite early. Sheldon cooked a delicious bacon eggs, beans and toast breakfast which we all enjoyed.

at 12:30 we loaded the tree branches from clean up a few days ago and off to the ranch Britt, Sheldon and I went while Shaina stayed to do homework. Rob met us out there to check out flooring issues.
I took a few photos
 the new waterer needed adjustment as it was leaking, Sheldon tweaked it after the floor meeting

 my pantry I need to configure for shelves,Britt measured her closet so she could come up with a configuration too
then I sanded and second coated the half bath. I then moved onto garbage sorting since to dump it needs to be in bags.
 the mountains were sure clear today showing an accumulation of snow.. winter is soon to follow :-(

 Sheldon moved to filling the trench to the house where he had laid power cables but it seems he found himself a wee bit stuck so I got in the truck and pulled him out :-)
 then it was full steam ahead for filling the trench

 he had Britt holding the conduit full of the power cables while he back filled
 but he had to give hands on instructions
 and off they went
she has grown much taller after a few loads, however the gas line was not level so he had to dig out an area and then I was added to the holding crew
 and then he filled the area
 here are some of the nice pieces of board I scored from the discard pile for projects
 here is the area filled now and he only rammed the deck once!, Britt and the dogs taking a break before she went to wash all cuts and wounds while I straightened and checked all the newly planted trees
Back in the house I found Sheldon cutting off the drain pipe flush to floor to install the actual drain which has been driving him crazy until now in case the water tank blew in the basement
 and here it the drain installed
By now it was 5:15 and we were all getting hungry so off to town we went. Britt had loaded gas jugs as well as the barbeque so supper was fried new potatoes, corn and barbequed sausage!! YUMM!

Shaina needed a homework break so after supper at 6:30 took the dogs for a walk while B&S hit the couch while I blogged today and surfed the net. Many of our favorite shows are on tonight so it will be relaxing TV night and to bed early as tomorrow we are picking up Kaylin and Aaron at 9 am and heading to Medicine Hat for Thanksgiving dinner at Grama & Papa's.

No comments:

Post a Comment