Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 142 - Payday!

Day 142 started early again and dreary. At 8:30 I dropped girls off at school while Sheldon hit Tims and we met at the house.
I finished filling nail holes and touch up painted while Sheldon and 2 neighbors loaded the last of the ranch stuff


He then took it out to the ranch to unload and meet Ray the mason. He had to enlarge the hearth on all sides before Ray could start, then Ray got underway.  He had to cancel the painter from doing primer as the mudder was behind a day. and a bit cranky the mason was there even. Rod was doing the basement ceiling knock down.

Cabinet boys continue to work away and Rick was digging in the septic field arms.



By now the sun came out, I stopped at the town house to sit and enjoy my tea for a few minutes then was Back at the house to pick a bag of apples for my boss. I ran those to work, did a few things there to keep fires down then went back to the house to pick bag of apples for Kaylin and us and waited to meet the new owners and Sheldon.


At noon we did the walk thru and handed over the keys. It was bittersweet.


Sheldon grabbed a quick bite to eat and then we dropped the truck off at the school for the girls who were heading to Hanna for dental check ups at 2pm. I brought him back to the townhouse where he unpacked some of his clothes boxes he tells me but I think it was relax time. I chose to relax at the hair salon.
 After my beauty treatment I grabbed him and we picked up the check at the lawyers and took it to the bank! this made it much less bittersweet! :-)
Kaylin stopped to get her apples and see the townhouse with us in, even living in the same town we hardly see her much. It was then off to get groceries, finally the girls said. Sheldon ran the slate back to the ranch for the mason while i tried to set up the computer only to find the internet did not make it, and does not get working until late Friday!! At six the girls made it back from Hanna and S from the ranch and enjoyed a home cooked meal I slaved over.
after supper Shaina headed to the gym and Sheldon went back to the ranch yet again to pay the mason who was finished in one day!! and retrieve a few things we found we needed at the town house. then it was TV and beer time for the adults! (although we found one satellite is down and spent much time on the phone trying to trouble shoot it)

No comments:

Post a Comment