Another sweat inducing 30 degree day in Strathmore was day 137. Sheldon and I both took today off to work at our separate chores. He dropped the girls off at school then tried to track down a way to cut the mantle. Finally after many calls he found a mini mill and off he went to attempt cutting the driftwood log.
then he came in for lunch and water :-) and back out to complete his task.
At the ranch, mudding and cabinets continued
here are drawers assembled
and other parts
and the cabinet backs are arranged neatly along the walls
Meanwhile I was the queen of packing yet again. It feels like there is hope when you see a room empty.I made a homemade chicken soup for lunch which also helped to clean some food from fridge and freezer. And I did a ton of laundry, washing up rugs and bedding to pack up.
at the ranch the battens were finished
looks nice !!
and here is afternoon progress on mantle after a few jugs of water and liters of sunscreen
and here it is in the arms of the creator
he tells me it will look much better sanded and stained ;-)
then he headed off to clean carpets at the rental house while I updated the blog and continued to pack. Of course Shaina had to work and Britt went to Calgary with a friend!
Sheldon brought the cleaner home and we did some areas that needed a bit of refreshing, I even gave it a go. great little machine. Rent the rug doctor..it's steaming mad at dirt!
basement bathroom closet done and there are two sides like this
under the stairs completely moved
and most of rumpus room
then a refreshing beverage with a yummy steak supper and back to carpet cleaning! At 9 pm we headed to the rental to unload our first load and it was still 24 degrees.. on Sept 9th!! Loving the weather for this building/moving process!!



No comments:
Post a Comment