Day 390 started very early, I was up at 3:30 to see Britt off on her Eastern Canada trip and she was already to go. Rhonda and Hannah arrived at 3:45 and off they went. Britt is lucky enough to have Rhonda as her parent chaperone and in a group with her friends so is bound to have a safe and fun trip. hard to believe 6 years ago, 14 year old Kaylin made the maiden voyage across Canada and then 3 years ago Shaina went. Someday I hope to get there but not with 80 grade 9'ers and sleeping on gym floors :-)
I had a hard time falling back asleep but finally managed to after 5:30 but was up by 9 and ready to get to work. So much to do with only 1 week left till graduation. I organized the spare room and washed all bedding and pillows. I even ironed!! It has been ages and took lots of time but items looked very nice once done. I wrapped grad gifts and mothers day gifts that have been waiting to be delivered :-)
Sheldon unloaded the load of bricks he brought home yesterday then grabbed some lunch before heading to town to grab treated lumber to start the front planters. Back home he got started on the back wall.
Watered my garden with the catch rain water and pump system for the first time.
I have radish seeds sprouting!! 5 days!
Shaina arrived home finally at 3:20 and spent next 4 hours scooping manure. Sheldon went and helped her for last 2 hours.
I changed out all Sheldon's hangers so the new closet is all wood
hangers. I made macaroni salad and baby potato salad for supper and
finally at 8 we ate enjoying hamburgers and hot dogs cooked on the new
barbeque. Britt text she arrived safe and was tuckered after so much walking seeing St Catherine Lock and Niagara falls already.
After supper, Sheldon went out to continue on the back wall of planter, Shaina cleaned bathrooms while I updated the blog and captured my garden plan to date.
She then rode her horse at 9:30 as I did dishes and continued to tidy for next w/e.After a hot bath, I passed the tub to Sheldon and watched "I'll have another" win the Preakness stakes, this made me finally watch the Kentucky derby he recently won . What a race, he ran in 7th for most then took it in the end! He is now in the running to win the triple crown if he can secure the Belmont stakes in 3 weeks! And the kicker this colt is Canadian owned and has a Canadian jockey!

No comments:
Post a Comment