Sunday, May 13, 2012

384 Happy Mothers Day!!

Day 384, beautiful sunny day!! Happy mothers day to my wonderful Mom and mother in law. What fantastic ladies you both are and how lucky am I! XOXOXO

The entire house slept in and Sheldon brought me a tea in bed while I relaxed reading a bit. At 11:30 Britt drove us to the station where Kaylin and Shaina met us for Mothers day brunch. We all ate too much but it was good. At 12:40 Shaina headed off to work and we dropped Kaylin off to rest before she headed to work at 3. Sheldon had surprised me with 2 hanging baskets of petunias from the hutterites the neighbor had picked up but after finding out they were $35/basket (one looked wind damaged at that and they did not match), I could not in good conscience keep them but it was a sweet thought. (See Tuesday photo of what I replace them with)

Back to the ranch we went to continue the planter progress. I raked the old hay in skinny pen and Sheldon loaded into the dump trailer after finding we could not use it for a base but needed it of the growing field anyway.

 screwing on the base boards extraordinaire!
 then the layer of old manure compost
 a quick rake
and then it was hand bombing another bag and 1/2 into the jumbo planter. I also took Julio out for a conditioning run and some ball practice for me while Sheldon finished filling the planter. Britt tidied up the living quarters of the horse trailer.
 Sheldon cutting divider boards on his makeshift table saw!
ready to be planted!!  It was a fantastic weather day, at one point the thermometer said 41 degrees however it had fallen into the sun.. but it was for sure in the high 20's

We all went on a family ride once Shaina got home after work at 5:30 with frozen lemonades for all. Shaina had a wee buck off taking Coco home but it seems she followed us in the end anyway so Shaina took her home then went for a motorbike ride with Yanni while we continued to work the horses.

Around 8 we came in and Britt created cheesy pasta for my mother day meal. It was tasty along with spinach dip and a fresca!. We watched survivor finale then the series finale of Desperate Housewives, how I will miss that show! I enjoyed reading for a bit before turning in. It is the hot topic book, Fifty Shades of Grey! and I am nearly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment