Friday, May 4, 2012

375 May 4 Pepper colics

Day 375 was a gorgeous day. I awoke at 6:30 and the sunshine was spectacular. it was a golden Friday for work & school!! The sleepover girls were up and off by 7:45 am. Britt noticed Pepper in distress at 8:15 as i was planning to take her to town for badminton zones. I got Sheldon up to take her and I went out and walked him while I called the vet. Soon he was out and assessed he indeed had an impaction colic in his left hind quarter. He was sedated and given pain killer then tubed receiving mineral oil, electrolytes, anti gas and water mixture. He was punch drunk after that but came out of it well and back to eating in an hour.



Sheldon brought teas home in time to watch the end of Pepper's vet visit with Shaina and I then he got started on the cedar raised planters.
 wee bird on the deck catching breath after hitting master window
 here he measures the distance of the staples with magnets
At noon a hardwood inspector arrived to assess our floor. lets see what he says! I continued with laundry and sorting
 Sheldon worked on planters while I swept and organized the garage. Shaina harrowed the pastures letting the horses mix so we spent half hour separating. She was off to work at 1. Britt was done badminton and came in 3rd for zones by 1:45. Sheldon ran in to get her and more supplies.

I started trimming Julio at around 2:45 and after 1 1/2 hours got his feet fine tuned. Britt and Sheldon made it home and B helped shed him out for his spa day, then took him for a ride while I worked on Bird's feet. Matt brought the skid steer back along with 3 of the jumbo soil bags in exchange for using the Volvo. What a great neighbor!






Sheldon and Britt set up the trampoline while I harrowed winter pasture then Britt took over while I created a scrumptious steak supper. After supper Sheldon worked on another planter.






B the bird loving her trampoline back in working order



No comments:

Post a Comment