Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 292 & 293 - w/e fun polox & Mom visits

Day 292 was chilly -16 upon waking and even Lesley considered cancelling practice. They forecast -4 and by the time we left to take first load over it was -9 I think and by the time practice was done it was -2 so not bad after all. Practice was done by all of us and lots of fun. Lynda W even gave it a try and seems to be hooked. We took 2 extra horses for others and dressed warm but it was not that bad. Shaina ran Britt to work for 4:30.

Mom arrived just in time for supper after finishing her newspaper convention. The evening was spent catching up on her trip and sharing barefoot trimming information. Shaina headed in to pick up Britt and take in hockey game before picking Britt up at 9 and taking her to Hannah`s till midnight. Shaina stayed home and then picked her up at midnight too. Thanks Shaina.
this is blooming in my garage :-)

Day 293 was the most beautiful day. I think the high was plus 4 but it seemed dreamy. Shaina was up and off by 10 to meet Lesley and Connie where they headed to Spruce Meadows to take in a free young horse breaking clinic. More visiting and sharing of information over coffee and tea was the morning then Mom dropped Britt off at work by noon. she grabbed a few things and such and headed home. Sheldon and I headed out where he held horses while I trimmed. In between he picked up hoses and pallets. I barefoot trimmed 3 more and when Shaina arrived home around 3:30  I trimmed Baby while she watched and held. Then Sheldon, Shaina and I went for a nice ride before coming in to shower up. I put on a delicious roast and created a scrumptious meal. Britt was picked up after work at 7 and we enjoyed supper and a relaxing Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment