Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 268 - no bus running day = "snow" day

day 268 was colder yet coming in at -32 so the bus driver called saying all buses were cancelled. This gave the girls a wee sleep in day. I was up by 8:30 and enjoyed starting a fire, making an ice tea and spent a few more hours trying to get the internet to work. Finally after over 10 hours of tech support they agreed that the router was faulty! really!! Just before 11 Kevin our audio guy showed up to start the theater room sound system. The girls were forced up and changed sheets on their beds and tidied their room. I too followed suit. Laundry and cleaning led up to cleaning up the lovely kerosene lantern Dale brought me. Sadly I found that someone had cracked the glass , most likely our bull in a china shop plumbing guy. Sheldon thought he tucked it out of the ay but rather stuck it right beside the garage sink he was installing. Anyway after research and vacuuming and washing and such i figured out how to release the glass and cleaned it with ash like the fireplace guy showed me. Great success! It looks charming on the mantle. Thanks Dae, I love it!!
 before
 cleaned with vacuum and water
 then I figured out how to get glass out
 and polished it up with ashes
 and reassembled, beauty!

Shaina headed off to school for the afternoon at 1, then to get tire fixed and exchange router for me after school on way to work from 5-9:30. Britt spent the afternoon baking and cooking. She made 14 dozen peanut butter cookies, ceasar salad and lazy enchilada lasagna for supper, it was delicious!! We have designated Wednesdays Britt's supper night! she even managed to fit in reading and horse care.



I then did all the touch up paint on the blue bathrooms
 this is the lovely mess the cabinet stainer left
 and with wet paint on
 the other side he taped and ripped off all the drywall paper :-(
 and repaired
this is the disaster in the master ensuite left by the shower guy, here shows the white drywall repair I applied a few days back.
 fixed
 and painted the entire wall 2nd coat - sorry photo taken at night.. boo
 Birdie is getting used to the delicious meal Britt serves on these cold days
 home from work, Sheldon tried to get the bale feeder back together
 and then fine tunes the new beer fridge
 Britt whips up super ceasar salad
 with bonus broccoli and celery
and here is her delicious lasagna. The rest of the night Sheldon worked on taxes. I enjoyed a muscle relaxing bath and when Shaina got home from work, tried to set up new router but it too ended up losing connectivity 2 times so I shut it down and off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment